Evgeni Onegin-Bucharest National Opera-Ionut Pascu-Teodor Ilincai-Tina Munteanu-06.11.2009

..
Evgeni Onegin
...
Oneghin - Ionuţ Pascu
Lenski - Teodor Ilincăi
Tatiana - Tina Munteanu
Olga - Maria Jinga
Gremin - Pompeiu Hărăşteanu
Larina - ANA MARIA COMŞA
Filipievna - Ecaterina Ţuţu
Triquet - FLORIN DIACONESCU
Zaretsky / Căpitanul - Radu Pintilie
...
Chorus and orchestra of the Bucharest Opera House
Conductor - Iurie Florea
...
Listen to Teodor Ilincai singing Kuda, Kuda
...

...
......A few words about this Evgeni Onegin. it's the second time I see it. I like the music very much. Because it's in Russin, I don't understand anything. So I had to raise the head often to read the subtitles. But many time I just enjoyed the music. Tina Munteanu on stage is always a pleasure. I don't know how she makes it so sing so many roles in such a short time. She was Mimi in La Boheme, then she replaced the sick Contesa in Le Nozze di Figaro and now she was Tatiana in Egveni Onegin. Same clear voice and nice acting for all of them.
......
Lensky, Teodor Ilincai, sounded good, but I liked it more the first time. at some point I felt like saying "volume up, please". He was very careful with his voice. And I know why. He'll make his debut at Royal Opera House in just one month, with Rodolfo in La Boheme. So I didn't mind too much given the circumstances. Oh, please, look at Mimi when you're singing to her. Audience is less important during the opera. And your voice is strong enough to be heard no matter what side of the stage you are facing. Good luck at the ROH! This is your big chance!
......Onegin could have been better. There was something missing there. I don't know how to explain. Onegin is raugher somehow. Looking at things from up above. I would have loved to hear a stronger voice.
......The orchestra... not in the best shape. The conductor had hard time to control the orchestra and chorus at the same time and this was obvious at the beginning of the third act. And many times during the opera it was too loud. I wonder if they ever listened to a recording of Onegin from abroad. It would be useful. Maybe next time it will be better.
.....

































































Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment